Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"The sun is up the sky is blue it's beautiful and so are you dear prudence won't you come out to play?"





Let me first say, the quote for the title is my favorite Beatles song, I loveee it so much!! It reminds of the Virgin Suicides and every time I hear it I associate it with that movie and Lux (Kiersten Dunst's character). But enough of my rambling. I have gotten so into fashion, more than anyone could know. I have a subscription to Nylon magazine now and everything, so I will be blogging about fashion a good bit! My inspiration for this look was a wintery, early 60's or late 50's simple good girl look (or not haha). The dress is vintage, as is the belt (LOVEEEE the belt sooo much!!!), and the shoes are Ralph Lauren. The look I went for with my makeup was very clean and simple, focusing on long black lashes and a shock of red lipstick. My hair was all natural for that day, but I really really liked the feel of it and the way it looked all natural. It had this tiny bit of wave to it that I liked, it was very hippie hair almost. (Which would kind of clash with the rest of the look if you thought about it but I think everything complemented each other well!) This is probably one of my favorite outfits and one of the ones I most proud of! Hope you liked it my dears!!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful, as always, ms charlotte :)
    i would say i'm going to steal that dress, but i doubt it would fit me...
    did layla take those pictures?

    ReplyDelete