Monday, May 23, 2011

"That's what I love about these high school girls, I get older, they stay the same age! Yes they do." -Wooderson

A few things you should know about me before I write anything else: Dazed and Confused is seriously one of my favorite movies, and also, I LOVE THE SEVENTIES!!!! Now that that's out of the way (Believe me, the post will make so much more sense if you know those two facts), we can get along with my tribute to Dazed and Confused. The movie is about high school students from Robert E. Lee High School on the last day of school and the wild night that proceeds it, all the while flawlessly capturing the essence of the 70's with every scene. It is honestly one of the best movies about the seventies that I have ever seen in my life and no matter how many times I see it, and believe me I 've seen it a lot, I still laugh. Words just cannot explain how I feel about this movie. But the reason I am even talking about it is becasue it happens on the last day of school and has the school is out-summer is finally here feel. I'll be getting out of school this week and that taste of freedom that the movie has appropriately describes what I am longing for right now. In the movie, Randal "Pink" Floyd, or Randy, is trying to forget controlling coaches who want him to sign a document stating he won't drink or do drugs. Mr. Floyd, however, is not willing to give up his care free life style for football or his coaches. While the upcoming seniors enjoy their time in the sun, the freshmen enter the world of high school and are quite terrified. They get hazed and harrassed as a welcome to high school from the ever obliging seniors but it is all in good fun and the freshmen soon learn to party with the older kids and have a good time. The night ends with some people in hot water, others finding new love, and some, with a black eye. But I won't give any more details, you have to watch for yourself to find out! I highly recommend this movie to any lover of the 70's or of high school movies that entail all the things you never told you're parents..

No comments:

Post a Comment