Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"James Dean, James Dean, you bought it sight unseen. You were too fast to live, to young to die, bye-bye!"


James Dean. What can you say about this wonderful rebel without a cause? Well, let me just say ahead of time-I love Mr. James Dean, he's one of my biggest idols of all time ever. He had this quality to him that was unmistakably charming and you can't help but love the way he was that tortured soul in all of his movies. He played the part so well, to well some might say. He grew up in Indiana and lived with his aunt and uncle for the majority of his childhood. He pursued acting in California and eventually did the only three movies he had the chance to in his short life, East of Eden, Rebel Without a Cause, and Giant. But his legacy lives on in his movies and the many articles, books, and tv specials based on his complicated life. Rebel Wiithout a Cause undoubtedly changed my life. Although I'd like to think I understand it now a bit better than I did the first time I saw it becuase I can now watch it with the knowledge of the intense undertones the director and producers were trying to convey. So go forth, and remember the original rebel to which we all owe much thanks for paving the way for the rebels to come after him. I truly love Mr. Dean, so, expect more posts on him in the future!

-Title from The Eagles, "James Dean"

No comments:

Post a Comment